Please click the link below to access the Summer Band Camp Packet:
Band Letterman Jackets and Spirit Wear
Letterman Jackets and Band Spirit Wear can be ordered now!
Due to timing constraints, there will only be one fitting date for the Letterman Jackets. The fitting will be Thursday, September 23rd immediately following practice. We will try to have the fittings in the band room but might need to be flexible. Please wear a mask during the fitting.
Please bring your completed letterman jacket order form and / or your completed Spirit Wear order form with the full payment amount for the jackets and / or spirit wear. The checks should be made to OCHS Band Boosters.
If you are not sure of jacket sizing, leave this field blank and we will complete the size at the fitting. Should you need to make payment arrangements or if you have questions regarding the merchandise, please contact Erika Watt [email protected] with BAND INFO in the Subject Line or Text/Call 502-294-5624.
This is an elective purchase and isn’t required. A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Links are also below.
Some various photos of OCHS Band activities.
How to Measure for Concert Wear and Dinkles (Band Shoes)
Marching and Concert Shoes (“DINKLES”)
DON’T FORGET – All freshmen, students new to OCHS band, and any students who have outgrown their
Dinkles shoes from last year will need to bring $31 cash or check payable to "RRR Band Accessories” by Thursday (July 30th) of Band Camp. Students will need to provide their current shoe size (wide width included) or will be provided a disposable template to estimate a best “fit” as they are checking in. If a freshman is wearing a sibling's shoes from a previous year, please notify Charlie Christensen at [email protected]. If your student DOES NOT USE their shoes during the year and needs a larger size next year, exchanges for a new shoe size will be accepted. Shoes that have been used or returned in any condition unlike that received will NOT be accepted for exchange. If payment for shoes is not received by Thursday of band camp week, an extra $15 fee will be automatically applied.
Marching Uniforms and concert Attire
We are asking parents to do something we’ve never asked of you before. Due to social distancing
limitations, we are unable to physically measure your student during band camp week as has historically
been done. We are asking for your help and best effort to provide us with as accurate (as possible)
measurements so that we can fit your student with a band uniform – marching and concert. We will needup-to-date measurement for ALL STUDENTS to insure they have the appropriate sizing. Directions for how to obtain these measurements are included in e-mail attachments. Measurements for women and men are DIFFERENT, so please use the proper form. Please send a scanned copy of the completed form or directly e-mail all measurements for your student to Charlie Christensen at [email protected] by Friday, August 14th . Pricing for concert attire (full length gowns for women, tuxedo shirts for men) will be sent at a later date.
If you have any trouble with the two form links above, use the below.
WOMEN’S UNIFORM MEASUREMENTS
MEN’S UNIFORM MEASUREMENTS
Guidelines for Challenging Band Auditions / Placement
Guidelines for Challenges:
- All challenges must be issued on MONDAY during the school day (8:00 a.m.-3:45 p.m). Challenge forms must be signed and turned in by the end of class on Monday to be valid for that week.
- Challenges MUST BE ACCEPTED when issued. All challenges will be performed; there will be no “forfeit” of a challenge.
- You can only be involved in one challenge per week; no “double-jeopardy”
- All challenges will consist of: a musical excerpt not to exceed 32 measures in length (selected by the challenger) and one major scale (selected by the director). Challenges between Symphonic Band II and Symphonic Band I (first chair challenges last chair) are allowed.
- Suggested challenge materials: excerpts from your concert folder; excerpt of an etude from method books/lesson assignments; excerpt of solo literature you are studying. A clean copy of the excerpt MUST be presented with the challenge (unless the music is the same band part from the concert folder). You must seek the approval of the director for any excerpt not in your folder PRIOR TO ISSUING THE CHALLENGE.
- Challenges will be performed LIVE, IN CLASS on THURSDAY of the same week the challenge is issued. The winner will demonstrate a clear and obvious advantage on the challenge excerpt and scale performed; performances which are essentially equal in their proficiency with result in no change in seating assignment.
- No challenges will be allowed TWO WEEKS prior to concerts or festival performances.