Weekly Band News September 6 – September 12
- The first home football game is on September 18th. At this time, we are still waiting on confirmation of the band being allowed to play and participate. We will update as soon as we receive a decision.
- Snap! Raise Homework needs to be done ASAP so we can kick off our fundraiser on September 3rd. Please see below for details. If you have already completed it, THANK YOU!!!
- Health Check Form must be completed prior to arriving at rehearsal each day. Form and QR Code have also been posted to Google Classroom.
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be Monday, September 21 at at 7:00pm via Zoom.
We are in need of a senior parent to be our Senior Member At Large Board Member. Responsibilities will include representing the senior parents on the executive board, attending one executive board meeting per month as well as the monthly band booster meeting, and being a voting member at meetings. If you would be interested in this position or would like additional information please email [email protected].
Band Letter Jackets and Additional Spirit Wear
Letterman Jackets and Band Spirit Wear can be ordered now. All orders are due by Tuesday, September 8th. Orders can be dropped off to Sonja Neely between 5:30-6:00 at evening band practice on Tuesday, or placed in the band drop box. Please bring your completed order form with the full payment amount for the jackets and /or spiritwear. (If you are not sure of jacket sizing, leave blank and we will complete the size at the fitting.) Should you need to make payment arrangements or if you have questions regarding the merchandise, please contact Sonja Neely at [email protected] or text/call 803-476-6762. Purchases are not required. A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Our 2020 Snap! Raise pre-project "homework" is below. This is a super important fundraising effort for us, and for it to be that again this year, I’m expecting all students to work with your parents in the next few days to develop and upload your email list of supporters as described below: (From Tristen Hines, our Snap! Raise project coordinator)
OCHS Band! It is very important that you get this done in the next few days. We will not be able to begin the actual project until you have completed the preliminary work that will ensure our success!
You will be directed to add your emails. The expectation is that every member of the band has 20 QUALITY EMAILS uploaded to your profile. I will be able to track this!
Make sure your emails do NOT include students, teachers, fake emails, etc. and are only legitimate potential donors. Again, I will be tracking this.
There will be incentives for those that participate fully in this campaign, so please get this done! WE WILL NOT KICK OFF THE PROJECT until you have completed this important preliminary work!!
Thanks for all of your hard work!
SnapRaise information is also posted at the OHCS Band Website. Click here to get started with your Snap! Raise homework!
Fundraising Made Easy
Kroger Plus Community Rewards
OCHS Band participates in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Please register your Kroger Plus card online (same frequent shopper card you use to get Kroger’s discount prices) and link it to the Oldham County High School Band. Our band program earns 4% of what you spend at Kroger. You don’t have to do anything else except shop at Kroger. You DO NOT lose your own rewards points or fuel rewards.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card that’s already registered at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com/
communityrewards. Sign in to your account with your email and password.
- Click on "Enroll."
- Enter our school’s ID Number QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band."
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
If you have a KROGER PLUS card, but have never registered it online at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com and click "Register" in top right-hand corner.
- From "Create an Account" page, enter the requested information. Then click "Create Account".
- Link your Kroger Plus card to your new account. This number is found on the back of your Kroger Plus card.
- Click on the Community Rewards link.
- Click on "Enroll".
- Enter our school’s QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band"
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Under Select a Charity type: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc
- Click “Select”
- Click the check box next to the statement “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc.”
- Click “Start Shopping”
- You will see “Supporting: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc” below the search bar in Amazon each time you log in.
- Set smile.amazon.com as your favorite
- If you forget to log onto smile.amazon.com and instead, put everything into your cart at amazon.com – as long as you have not completed the purchase:
- Simply open another browser, go to smile.amazon.com and everything in your cart is there, and you can complete your purchase.
- Important Note – Using the Amazon app on your handheld device DOES NOT use Smile. Simply add the items to your cart in the amazon app, then using your handheld browser, log into smile.amazon.com to complete the purchase.
Marching Band Rehearsals
Starting tomorrow, August 24th: Now that we know we’ll be opening schools on NTI, we will continue our evening summer rehearsal schedule in the same groupings we used for those gatherings, and at the same time of evening (6:00 start) to facilitate parent transportation after work hours. The only difference is that we will finish each rehearsal at 7:30 p.m., rather than going to 8:30.
- All Brass will rehearse on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:30
- All Woodwinds/Percussion will rehearse on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30
We will continue this rehearsal schedule until we are allowed to return to the building for A/B in-person instruction. At that time, we will adjust to conform with the groups of students in the building and by class period. Exactly how that will look is still unknown, as rosters for the A/B schedule have not been issued yet. Details for how rehearsals will take place can be found on the OCHS Band website or on Google Classroom . Rehearsals will be 6:00 – 8:30 pm and are held at OCHS. Attendance is expected at band rehearsal. If you’re unable to attend for any reason, please notify Mr. Rogers at [email protected]
For Rehearsals Students will need to bring:
- Face Mask, to be properly worn at all times on campus.
- Each Student will need to bring their own wire music stand with their name on the stand. If you do not have a stand, you can obtain a stand/carry bag from the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Flip Folio, These can also be purchased through the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Water bottle, Clearly identified with your name.
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer
- Please wear Athletic Shoes, Flips flops and Sandals are highly discouraged. Being on your feet on HOT concrete, you’ll want safe, and supportive shoes.
- Hat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
Spirit Wear/Show Shirts
A few parents have asked about additional shirts for themselves or other family members. We have worked with the shirt vendor to set up an online store where you can make these orders. If your student is in the 2020/2021 OCHS Band—ONE short sleeved shirt for your student is INCLUDED in Band Fees for the year. Please note that you would only order for them if you want extras or additional products.
A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Here is the link to OCHS Band Spirit Wear. There are lots of sizes and styles. They do have extended sizes.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, click here to complete the online form.
Band Booster Leadership
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek