Weekly Band News: October 6 – October 12
Homecoming Parade – Thursday, October 10
The band will remain at school following after-school rehearsal on Thursday, October 10th to participate in the Homecoming Parade (break 6:00-6:30, move to OCMS, parade at 7, finish around 7:30.) Parade route will be on Colonel Dr between OCMS and OCHS football field.
Senior Night / Homecoming Ballgame – Friday, October 11
- The band’s final half-time performance of the season will be Oct 11.
- Senior band members will be recognized from the pressbox before the game and in the bandroom with cupcakes after the game.
- A tailgate meal of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches will be served before the game, with parent volunteers bringing chips/desserts/water.
- Many of our Senior parents’ pre-game “jobs” will need to be filled in with other volunteers. Seniors and their parents must be on the track to line up for recognition well before the start of the game.
- Senior Pins have been turned in and will be passed out before the Homecoming Game.
Volunteer needs for Senior Night Ballgame
- Tailgate meal setup/cleanup and chips/desserts/water. Please click on this link to signup:
- For the game, we need volunteers to move drum major stands to stadium, move iced water bottles to stadium, hand out water to students during 1st & 2nd quarter, take pictures of students 1st, 2nd & 4th quarter, take pictures during half-time on the field, help with last minute uniform needs/mishaps, open gate at stadium for band to march through, and to sit in the band section of the stadium during half-time and 3rd quarter to keep student body from walking through and damaging instruments. Please click on this link to signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-volunteers1
- Graeter’s ice cream sales before and during the game. Please click on this link to signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-graeters
- Volunteers to bring 1 dozen average-sized cupcakes for the band students to enjoy after the game in honor of the Senior classmates. Photographers to photograph the Seniors and their families before the game and during the Senior parade. Please click this link to signup for either of these 2 needs: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-cupcakes1
The Official Schedule
Band Senior Night / Homecoming
Tailgate meal after school! We will be VERY crunched for time. It seems there has been more and more “stuff” jammed into this evening, so it’s important that we adhere to this schedule!
5:00 Run through show on blacktop
5:30 Inside; dress in uniforms—help each other out
6:00 Meet in front of the entrance to the school, two arcs (SENIORS AND PARENTS MOVE TO STADIUM, scoreboard end near band seating area)
6:15 Two lines; into 4 lines
6:20 March to stadium
6:35 In our seats
BAND SENIORS PRESENTED 6:45-7:10
Seniors move to stands for SSB
7:10 Senior Cheerleaders presented
7:15 Homecoming Court introduced
7:23 Team captains out
7:28 Team entrance/FIGHT SONG
8:30 est. Halftime—Dance Team, Band, new scoreboard dedication
You will have 3rd quarter to go to concessions ($$)
10:15 est Make 4 lines on track
March back to the band room
10:30 Take care of instruments; TAKE YOUR UNIFORM HOME, in the bag. Launder it and return it per the instructions in your uniform bag. Put HATS in designated area—in the box. Marching Percussion: case it up, hang carriers and stands in the storage room.
Post-game Senior celebration (treats)
Tunes in order:
You Can Call Me Al; Born This Way; Bohemian Rhapsody; Paul Simon Closer;
Let’s hope for great weather and have the best show possible! Honor the seniors and yourselves through your great work….
Katie Fuller is compiling a band directory to be published among the band members after Fall Break. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at:
Important Dates To Remember
October 10th – Homecoming Parade
October 10th – Last Thursday after-school marching band rehearsal (4:00-6:00pm)
October 11th – Home Football Game (Senior Night/Homecoming)
October 14th – Band Booster Meeting at 7:30pm (Bandroom)
October 14th – Symphonic Band I 3:45-5:00pm (Monday-starts concert band sequence)
October 15th – Symphonic Band II 3:45-5:00pm (Tuesday-starts concert band sequence)
October 16th – Halloween Concert at EOMS
October 21st-25th – Fall Break
November 4th – WKU All State Audition Clinic
November 7th – 10th NAfME All National Honors Ensembles, Orlando FL
November 14th – Fall Concert 7:00pm
November 15th – Jazz Café I 7:00pm
November 18th – 22nd Seating Auditions (makeups 25th and 26th)
November 21st 5th District Auditions at OCHS
November 24th -26th EKU Honor’s Band
November 27th-29th – Thanksgiving Break
December 14th – All State Auditions (John Hardin High School)
December 17th – Holiday Concert
December 18th- 21st – Midwest Int’l Band and Orchestra Clinic