Weekly Band News November 8 – November 14
- Uniforms—If you have not turned these in, please get them in ASAP.
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be Monday, November 16th at 7:00pm via zoom. We hope you will attend!
- Click here to view the Halloween Performance
- Health Check Form must be completed prior to arriving at rehearsal/games each day (when the student has NOT been in the School Building that day.) Health Check Link: https://forms.gle/
We are in need of a new photo coordinator.
- Coordinating volunteer photographers to help take photos at games and concerts and compiling on Facebook.
- Compile/organize at least two photos per band member either individually or in a group.
- Take senior photos at the beginning of band season for buttons given to parents on Senior Night. Buttons can be made at Oldham County Arts Center.
- Organize the end of year slide show to be shown at the banquet with music from the band throughout the year. Other volunteers/parents can assist with music they have recorded.
Please email [email protected] if interested.
BAND REHEARSALS FOR A/B SCHEDULE
Our required after-school rehearsal schedule is:
ALL B Day students will rehearse: Tuesdays from 4:00-5:15
ALL A Day students will rehearse: Wednesdays from 4:00-5:15
The seating charts/assignments for the A/B "bands" have been uploaded to GOOGLE Classroom and have been loaded to the band website: Each student will set up for their in-person classes on the SAME marked spot (dots in the band room floor, numbered) for all rehearsal activities, during or after school. These spots are socially distanced; each student will continue to use their personal music stand. As always, if you have to miss rehearsal for any reason, please email Mr. Rogers at [email protected]
There has not been a band calendar published yet because everything has been so fluid in terms of scheduling in general. Normally, we would publish a set calendar. Rather than doing that and having to change everything multiple times, we will continue the practice of getting all information concerning potential performances and rehearsals out to everyone in as timely a manner as possible. With that in mind, here are some future events we will attempt to hold between now and Christmas break; you should consider these "tentative" at this point, because the venue may need to change to accommodate either the audience or the performers:
Seating Auditions: November 16-20
December 15th: Holiday Concert
There will be "more", but that’s all we have at this point. We will update any changes or additions as they come.
Last year, many outstanding businesses and corporations supported the Oldham County High School Band by donating goods and services for our marching and concert 2019-2020 seasons. The entire band and our many football game and concert attendees had the benefit of their generous support as they enjoyed each of our band’s musical performances. We were–and are–very grateful for their support! Corporate Sponsorships are $500 annually and the fee may be waived in exchange for services and goods that help to make the band successful each year. Examples of these goods and services include donated catering services, printing services, uniform cleaning services, web hosting services, and sign and banner production services. If you are interested in sponsoring the OCHS band for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact us. Or if you’d rather speak in person, I’m happy to stop by and talk through how your business can support our band this year. Please use the following link for additional information. https://ochs.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at https://docs.google.com/
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe