Weekly Band News November 1 – November 6
- Next Football game is Friday, Nov 6th against North Oldham. Please note that the game starts at 7 pm and not 7:30 pm. Game Schedule will be sent once finalized. Dominos Pizza will be provided again by the Band Boosters. Anyone with a conflict for this game needs to email Mr. Rogers directly.
- Parent Ticket information for game:
- Ticket site will open at 8 am on Monday at https://ochsathletics.com/
colonel-ticket-central/. Code for all parents is: ochsband.
- Since this game was originally supposed to be at North Oldham, the AD has initially allotted more tickets to them and the band has an initial allotment of 200 tickets. Parent should purchase their tickets by the end of Monday and limit number of tickets to 2 per family on a first come, first serve basis until initial allotment is out.
- Unsold North reserved tickets will be reassigned on Tuesday that will allow parents that did not get tickets on Monday to get. On Wednesday, parents can purchase additional tickets based on whatever tickets are left in our allotment—First come first serve.
- General ticket sales to the public will be Friday at 1 pm if you don’t get tickets.
- Ticket site will open at 8 am on Monday at https://ochsathletics.com/
- Uniforms—If you have not turned these in, please get them in ASAP.
- Health Check Form must be completed prior to arriving at rehearsal/games each day (when the student has NOT been in the School Building that day.) Health Check Link: https://forms.gle/
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be Monday, November 16th at 7:00pm via zoom. We hope you will attend!
- Seating Auditions will take place November 16-20. Additional Information can be found on Google Classroom
- Refunds for last week’s game should have been issued. If you did not receive, please contact the ticket site at fansupport@
hometownticketing.com. If that does not work, reach out to the OCHS Athletic Director at [email protected].
- Please read the attached article by Mr. Rogers published in the Bluegrass Music News on Summer Band During Covid. Click here to read an article Mr. Rogers published in Bluegrass Music News.
OCHS v. North Oldham
Friday, November 6th, 2020
I’m glad we’ll have one more opportunity to perform “live” before the football regular season comes to an end. NOTE THE GAME BEGINS AT 7:00 p.m.
The Boosters will provide a pregame meal (Domino’s) that will be delivered for serving at 4:30 p.m.; a “carnivore” and vegan option will be available. A-day students will already be here, B-day students should plan to eat pizza provided by our booster group prior to the game, or eat on your own prior to your arrival in time for rehearsal at 5:15 p.m. (note earlier time)
If you are an “B-Day” student coming from home, you should complete the health check questionnaire and arrive at the school no later than 4:30 p.m. if you plan to eat here. A temp check is required upon your arrival!
If you are an “A-Day” student, it would be easiest to remain after school, have a slice of pizza or two, and get ready for rehearsal.
EVERYONE MUST LOG YOUR ATTENDANCE USING THE QR CODE for performance attendance (in the band room)!
3:45 School dismissal
4:30 Dinner (provided)
5:15 Check in (attendance, temp checks); move outdoors for rehearsal
5:30 Rehearse show tunes and National Anthem
6:05 Instruments in cases; quick restroom break
6:20 Form block to move to stadium through fieldhouse gates
6:35 Move to our seats in the endzone/track area; assemble instruments.
6:52 National Anthem
8:20 est HALFTIME (Homecoming court will be announced at some point…either before or after us)
9:45 est Game ends; Mask up, horns in cases.
Form our block on the track, percussion and tubas in front (properly distance/wear your
mask); return to the band room and store instruments as needed
AVOID COMING INTO THE BAND ROOM AFTER THE GAME (except percussion and tubas—plan ahead!)
All except percussion and tubas should go directly to your transportation home when we return to the front lot.
Dress: MASKS; BLUE JEANS (NO HOLES, PLEASE); TENNIS SHOES/SOCKS; SHOW SHIRT. Weather is predicted to be a little warmer than last Friday.
You can/should wear a long-sleeved garment or base layer under the show shirt. Watch the weather… (jackets, caps, etc.) are ok in the stands, but not when performing.
Halftime: All Along The Watchtower, Brick House, Sucker, Rock It, Fight Song (could be reduced if court intros eat up too much time)
Let’s make the most of this opportunity!
FOOTBALL GAME VOLUNTEERS 11/6
November 6th will be our final Home Football game of the season against NOHS and we will need several volunteers to make this final game a success. To sign up, please click on this link to volunteer and help make this last game GREAT!
We are in need of a new photo coordinator.
- Coordinating volunteer photographers to help take photos at games and concerts and compiling on Facebook.
- Compile/organize at least two photos per band member either individually or in a group.
- Take senior photos at the beginning of band season for buttons given to parents on Senior Night. Buttons can be made at Oldham County Arts Center.
- Organize the end of year slide show to be shown at the banquet with music from the band throughout the year. Other volunteers/parents can assist with music they have recorded.
Please email OCHSBandnews@gmail if interested.
BAND REHEARSALS FOR A/B SCHEDULE
Please note: "B" Day Students will rehearse on Thursday 11/5 since there is no school on Tuesday this week.
Our required after-school rehearsal schedule is:
ALL B Day students will rehearse: Tuesdays from 4:00-5:15
ALL A Day students will rehearse: Wednesdays from 4:00-5:15
The seating charts/assignments for the A/B "bands" have been uploaded to GOOGLE Classroom and have been loaded to the band website: Each student will set up for their in-person classes on the SAME marked spot (dots in the band room floor, numbered) for all rehearsal activities, during or after school. These spots are socially distanced; each student will continue to use their personal music stand. As always, if you have to miss rehearsal for any reason, please email Mr. Rogers at bradford.rogers@oldham.
HOME FOOTBALL DATES (Required Performances)
November 6th against North Oldham 7:00pm
There has not been a band calendar published yet because everything has been so fluid in terms of scheduling in general. Normally, we would publish a set calendar. Rather than doing that and having to change everything multiple times, we will continue the practice of getting all information concerning potential performances and rehearsals out to everyone in as timely a manner as possible. With that in mind, here are some future events we will attempt to hold between now and Christmas break; you should consider these "tentative" at this point, because the venue may need to change to accommodate either the audience or the performers:
November 12th: Fall Concert
November 13th: Jazz Cafe I
Seating Auditions: November 16-20
December 15th: Holiday Concert
There will be "more", but that’s all we have at this point. We will update any changes or additions as they come.
Last year, many outstanding businesses and corporations supported the Oldham County High School Band by donating goods and services for our marching and concert 2019-2020 seasons. The entire band and our many football game and concert attendees had the benefit of their generous support as they enjoyed each of our band’s musical performances. We were–and are–very grateful for their support! Corporate Sponsorships are $500 annually and the fee may be waived in exchange for services and goods that help to make the band successful each year. Examples of these goods and services include donated catering services, printing services, uniform cleaning services, web hosting services, and sign and banner production services. If you are interested in sponsoring the OCHS band for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact us. Or if you’d rather speak in person, I’m happy to stop by and talk through how your business can support our band this year. Please use the following link for additional information. https://ochs.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at https://docs.google.com/
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe