Weekly Band News: May 9 – May 15
- Requesting help from 3 parents who have juniors this year. Mr. Rogers needs to form a small committee to review the Senior applications for the Windy Wyatt Scholarship and make a decision on a recipient prior to the band banquet. The application is brief so you won’t need to read long essays. Please respond if you would be willing to help with this effort to President@ochs.band.
- Seniors please use the link below to upload your Senior Video to be shown at the Band Banquet. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drive.google.com_drive_folders_1FCRRNzzNYFTtDIyyBOCXJ2GdJ2RbvqMQ-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwMF-g&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=EsBXTqprwoZYm110bW4CGwAaXRiT6NixVddIsBgS8ec&m=T2ysWgTJ1v9ls-cxmFNxBfUN9oOhiCqszYavUdX5FTg&s=UWtNqHCuM-hYfSRt_fSGifPfiy1JbP-cyGslQ3bG1os&e=
- Weekly band rehearsals will take place immediately after school on Tuesdays for Symphonic II and Wednesdays for Symphonic I from 4:00-5:15.
- As the end of the year approaches, we still need Committee Coordinators for next year. See the listing below and email President@ochs.band if interested.
- The next Band Booster meeting will be Wednesday, May 19th at 7:00pm in the band room. It will be in person with a zoom option.
SAVE THE DATES
The Band Banquet is scheduled for May 21st at 6:00pm in the OCHS Gym.
Spring Concert May 27th at 7:00pm. The concert will be in the OCHS Gym. Recordings will be made available for purchase by Main Office Productions (Brad Ritchie).
Important Dates—Summer and Fall 2021
Please note that summer dates and/or times may be changed or adjusted at the discretion of the new band director.
Marching Band Reading Session
Last Day for Students (TBA);
4:15-5:30 p.m. at OCHS
Summer Band Rehearsals
Mondays and Thursdays
Starts July 5th through the first day of the school year
6:00-8:30 p.m. at OCHS
Oldham County Day Parade
July 17th (a.m.; schedule TBA,)
Band Camp Week
8:30 a.m—8:30 p.m. DAILY
After school rehearsals (marching band)
Every Thursday; August 12—end of season
HOME FOOTBALL DATES FALL 2021 (required performances)
August 27th v. Shelby County
September 10th v. Meade County
October 7th (THURSDAY) v. Eastern (7:00 start)
October 22nd v. GRC (we will not play this game-fall break)
(Fall Break October 18-22)
October 29th v. Bullitt East (Senior night)
Band rehearsals will take place immediately after school on Tuesdays for Symphonic II and Wednesdays for Symphonic I from 4:00-5:15.
Parents and spectators will not be allowed to attend the rehearsals due to the restrictions.
If parents or their student are uncomfortable with this arrangement, they should let me know they will not attend. Please email with concerns Bradford.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER AND SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES
The OCHS Band Boosters is needing volunteers for open positions for next year. Board positions are elected positions called out in the By laws and include the officer positions and the class reps. Committee Positions are non-elected positions.
After surveying those currently serving, the following positions are open for next year:
Board (all positions except Treasurer are up for elections but the following do not have someone rerunning):
- Treasurer – Elect
- Script Gift Cards Coordinator
- Hospitality Co-coordinator to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Letterman Jacket/Spirit Wear Coordinator
- Picture Coordinator
- All District Co-chair to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Alumni Coordinator
In addition, all committee positions are always open to shadowing or additional help. The committees below will have Senior parent next year and would be great to have someone shadowing next year that could take over the following year:
- Mums Sale Coordinator
- Instrument Rental
- Band Website Support
Please email me at President@ochs.band if you are interested in filling any of the roles listed above or if you are interested in shadowing any committee. If you would like more details on each position’s role, please feel free to email me at President@ochs.band or contact the current coordinator.
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe