Weekly Band News: May 3 – May 9
- Please use the following link to access the information https://ochs.band/students/documents
- Volunteer information for the 2020-2021 School year can be found at Volunteer 2020-2021
- Summer Band Rehearsals will begin on July 6th. (Monday and Thursday evenings 6:00-8:30pm.)
- Band Camp will be July 27-31. Band Camp is mandatory for all band students.
- Past Emails and other important information can be found on the OCHS Band Website at https://ochs.band.
Wenger Home Music Practice Kits
If you have been looking for a home solution to help with home practice, these are really good deals over their regular pricing for individual items. Certainly not a requirement, but definitely a step up from a wire music stand and the edge of the bed…
Practicing an instrument at home is more productive with an ergonomically-designed music chair and adjustable stand. Wenger chairs are more comfortable and encourage better posture and form. Our stands are lightweight, wobble-free and durable. Take advantage of our special combo pricing for a limited time. Click here for more information.
Band Booster Leadership Positions
We need to start positioning the band for the Booster parental support they will need next year. A large portion of our Band Booster Executive Board are Senior parents. We need volunteers for next year to provide the structure and support the band needs to be able to participate in the opportunities Mr. Roger’s provides for the kids.
If you want to know what’s involved, click on the name of the position and a document should download onto your device with a description, a rough estimate of time involved, and contact info for the person who is currently doing that job this year.
Board Member Vacancies for 2020-2021
President – vacant
Vice-President (also called President-Elect) – vacant
Treasurer – vacant
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonja Neely
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Member-at-Large – vacant
Other vacancies for next year are listed below:
2) Pit Crew Coordinator
Questions? Contact Henry Sipes @ firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Shoparoo Fundraising
Questions? Contact Melanie Woosley @ email@example.com
4) Large instrument truck rental for events and truck driver coordinator
Questions? Contact Lana Downs @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Alumni coordinator
Questions? Contact Susan Bunting @ email@example.com
The band needs you and your kid needs you to be involved. Thanks for all you’ve done to support the band this year and let’s get set up for a great year next year.