Weekly Band News: May 29 – June 4
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- Between now and the beginning of summer rehearsals, we will send Sunday emails only. As rehearsals get rolling, we will resume the mid-week email.
- SENIORS: All school owned instruments, mouthpieces, mutes, cases, etc… should be returned by this point. If you have a school owned item, please return ASAP
- Is your family graduating from Band and no longer in need of email updates?
- The unsubscribe link is live at the bottom of this email and looks like the sample image below. Please scroll down to the bottom to use the actual link.
- 🌞Summer Band Dates 🌞:
- OCHS Band Summer Packet 2022 edition
- Band Camp 2022 will be held July 25-29 at OCHS
- This year, students will be asked to bring a labeled refillable water container to use each day. Here is an example of a style that has worked well for many band students.
- Summer/Fall 2022 OC Band schedule
- June 13th is our next Booster Meeting. The more the merrier!
- 2022-2023 Officers and Coordinators
- As we turn the page to 2022, the OCHS Band Boosters is looking for parents to volunteer for next year in Committee Coordinator positions. Many of the parents that currently hold these positions are Senior parents and we want to make sure there is enough time for transition to happen.
- Please email at [email protected] if you are interested in filling a Committee Coordinator role or want more information.
SUMMER MUSIC OPPORTUNITIES
- EKU – Foster Camp – for all instruments
- UK – Summer Trumpet Institute
- Murray State – Summer Music Institute
BAND PRACTICE REMINDERS:
- The first summer marching band practice will begin on July 7, 6:00-8:30pm
SIGHT READING FACTORY ACCOUNTS:
- Click here for information regarding the REQUIRED Sight Reading Factory accounts for OC Band students
- It’s not too late to order gift cards through Scrip to earn money for the band! Here is some information: Website: ShopwithScrip.com
- Our Enrollment Code: D7944F4229834
- Amazon Smile: In your Amazon account, set your charity as as the “Oldham County High School Band Boosters”
- Kroger Community Rewards: Oldham County High School Band or code QJ874
We communicate band news through various channels. Please feel free to pass this information to other new parents who may not be receiving communication yet.
- Emails: Each Sunday evening, an email is sent with details of the week’s band activities, as well as a preview of upcoming events. This is our main source of communication. If it’s a busy week, or there is new information since Sunday, a Wednesday email will be sent out as well. You may request to be placed on the email list by emailing your students Name, Grade and Instrument to [email protected].
- Facebook: The Band Boosters group maintains a private Facebook group called Oldham County HS Band Boosters! You can request to join through Facebook and we’ll add you. This is a good place to get quick answers to your questions, as many people will see your post fairly quickly.
- Band Website
- REMIND Text for OCHS Band: Remind Texts will be used to notify band parents of any special announcements or reminders
- This is an optional (but recommended) communication that you can choose to join to be notified of special announcements and reminders
- CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN UP FOR REMIND TEXTS
- Contact Information: For Band Booster questions and business, please use the band booster email [email protected].
📆 SAVE THE DATES 📆
Important Dates – 2022 & 2023 School Year
- Summer Band Rehearsals: (attendance expected if you are in town) Mondays and Thursdays beginning July 7 through first day of school 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM at OCHS
- July 16: Oldham County Days Parade (in the morning, time TBA)
- July 25-29 Band Camp: (required)
- 8:30 AM – 8:30 PM Daily at OCHS
- After School Rehearsals: (required), Thursday, 4:00 – 6:00 PM, Aug 11-Oct 13
- June 13: Band Booster Meeting
- Home Football Games: (required performances)
- August. 19
- September 2
- September 16
- September 30 (Homecoming)
- October 14
- At the conclusion of football season, we will begin concert rehearsals
- Concert Band will rehearse on Thursdays 4:00-5:15 PM
- Symphonic band will rehearse on Wednesdays 4:00-5:15 PM
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2021-2022
- President – Chad Adams
- Vice President – Brandon Gossett
- Secretary – Melissa Gossett
- Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
- Treasurer-Elect – Angela Schmidt
- Senior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
- Junior Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
- Sophomore Member-at-Large: Natalie Dorris
- Freshman Members-at-Large: Mary Tatum
Board Members for 2022-2023
- President – Dorian Fix
- Vice President – Lisa Zahradnicek
- Secretary – Tricia Brown
- Treasurer – Angela Schmidt
- Treasurer-Elect – Erika Watt
- Senior Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
- Junior Member-at-Large: Natalie Dorris
- Sophomore Member-at-Large: Mary Tatum
- Freshman Members-at-Large:
Access the 2021-2022 Band Booster Board and Committee Leaders Contact List for additional names and contact emails using this Band Booster Board and Committee Leaders Contact List link.
Past Emails and other important information can be found on the OCHS Band Website at https://ochs.band.
2022-2023 OCHS BAND BOOSTERS OFFICER/COORDINATORS INFORMATION
There are two groups for OCHS Band Boosters: Officers and Committee Coordinators. Current holders of these positions are in the attached spreadsheet along with their email addresses.
Committee Coordinator Positions: These positions are not elected. Multiple parents can share the coordinator position if desired.
Below is a list of the committees that we currently know need to be filled for next year. The best way to find out more details on the committee’s role and responsibility is to contact the current coordinator. Current holders of these positions are in the attached spreadsheet along with their email addresses.
- Pictures/End of Year PowerPoint
- Volunteer Coordinator
- All District–Need 1 parent work with parent who shadowed this year
- Large Instrument Truck