Weekly Band News: May 24 – May 29
- The next OCHS Band Booster meeting will be Thursday, June 18th, at 7:00pm via Zoom.
- Welcome Letter for the 2020-2021 OCHS Band can be accessed at the following link Welcome Letter for OCHS Band 2020-2021.
- Summer Packet Information has uploaded to the band website. This information will not be printed by the OCHS BAND Boosters and will need to be printed at home. The Medical Release form will need to be notarized. All forms will need to be turned in the first week of Summer Band Rehearsals.Please use the following link to access the information Summer Packet 2020-2021
- Volunteer information for the 2020-2021 School year can be found at Volunteer 2020-2021
- Summer Band Rehearsals will begin on July 6th. (Monday and Thursday evenings 6:00-8:30pm.)
- Band Camp will be July 27-31. Band Camp is mandatory for all band students.
- Past Emails and other important information can be found on the OCHS Band Website at https://ochs.band.
REMIND and Google Form for 2020-2021
Google form for all returning and incoming OCHS Band members for 2020-21: Some have done the Google form already, others have not. Remind will become increasingly important after we finish the school year and get into the great unknown called "summer 2020".
Remind 101 class for 2020-2021 MARCHING BAND STUDENTS ONLY: text @ocmc2020 to 81010
Remind 101 class for 2020-2021 BAND PARENTS ONLY: text @ochsBB20 to 81010
Band Booster Leadership Positions
We need to start positioning the band for the Booster parental support they will need next year. A large portion of our Band Booster Executive Board are Senior parents. We need volunteers for next year to provide the structure and support the band needs to be able to participate in the opportunities Mr. Roger’s provides for the kids. The Band Boosters are a 501C3 Non-Profit Organization. In order to maintain that non-profit status, the Executive Board must have at minimum President and Treasurer for the 2020-2021 School Year in place by June 30.
If you want to know what’s involved, click on the name of the position and a document should download onto your device with a description, a rough estimate of time involved, and contact info for the person who is currently doing that job this year.
Board Member Vacancies for 2020-2021
President – vacant
Vice-President (also called President-Elect) – vacant
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonja Neely
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Member-at-Large – vacant
Other vacancies for next year are listed below:
1) Hospitality co-chair (2 People to Co-Chair)
Questions? Contact Cathy Middleton @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim Zarotny @ email@example.com
2) Mum Fundraiser Coordinator
Questions? Contact Kim Zarotny @ firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Pit Crew Coordinator
Questions? Contact Henry Sipes @ email@example.com
4) Shoparoo Fundraising
Questions? Contact Melanie Woosley @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Large instrument truck rental for events and truck driver coordinator
Questions? Contact Lana Downs @ email@example.com
6) Alumni coordinator
Questions? Contact Susan Bunting @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The band needs you and your kid needs you to be involved. Thanks for all you’ve done to support the band this year and let’s get set up for a great year next year.