Weekly Band News: June 13 – June 19
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS
- We will only be sending the Sunday email through the month June unless important information is needed to be sent mid-week, then will we send a Wednesday email.
- We still need Committee Coordinators for next year. See the listing below and email [email protected] if interested. TWO POSITIONS THAT HAVE SENIOR PARENTS ARE SCRIPT CARDS AND LETTERMAN JACKETS. THESE MUST BE FILLED SOON.
- Summer Band Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Thursdays starting July 5th through the first day of the school year 6:00-8:30 p.m. at OCHS.
- We have someone who has volunteered to fill the Freshman at Large spot for next year. We will have an election at the next band booster meeting. Anyone else interested in running will need to email at [email protected] by Monday, June 21st.
- The next Band Booster meeting will be Monday, June 28th at 7:00pm in the band room. There will be a zoom option as well, zoom link will be sent closer to the meeting date.
END OF YEAR LINKS
Below are the links for the Band Banquet Video, Senior Videos. and Photos. PLEASE NOTE: We are almost at our max for free capacity for storage. The below links will be available through the end of June.
Spring Concert Senior Words of Thanks Video Link
Full Senior Words of Thanks Video Link
Band Banquet Video Link
SY2020-2021 Band Pictures Folder Link
SY2020-2021 Band Videos Folder Link
OLDHAM COUNTY DAY
The Band Boosters are organizing a silent auction for Oldham County Day which is Saturday, July 17th. We will be collecting the following items from each grade level from now until July 8th. You can either drop in the band room during the rest of the school year or on the front porch of Stephanie Skeens’ house at 603 Scott Montfort Dr. LaGrange ( There will be a bin on the front porch beginning June 1st) during the month of June. When July rehearsals begin you may drop in the bandroom.
Upcoming Seniors: Items for a “Gift Card Basket.” These can be gift cards in any amount from area restaurants, stores, etc. Might utilize our Scrip fundraiser to order any gift cards.
Upcoming Juniors: Items for a Family Game NIght Basket. Board games, card games, anything fun a family can do together.
Upcoming Sophomores: Items for a “Coffee, Tea & Fun Snack Basket.” K-Cups, tea bags, creamers to go in coffees, mugs, fun snacks of any kind.
Incoming Freshman: Items for a “Spa Day Basket.” Because we’re getting a late start, upper classman may have to help with this basket. Items can include lotions, gift cards for nail places or massages, Bath & Body Works, etc.
Please contact Stephanie Skeens, Sophomore Rep for 2021-22 with any questions. 502-417-4855
We communicate band news through various channels and additional channels (Google Classroom, Remind) will be added as the school year begins. Please feel free to pass this information to other new parents who may not be receiving communication yet.
Each Sunday evening, an email is sent with details of the week’s band activities, as well as a preview of upcoming events. This is our main source of communication. If it’s a busy week, or there is new information since Sunday, a Wednesday email will be sent out as well. You may request to be placed on the email list by emailing your students Name, Grade and Instrument to [email protected].
The Band Boosters group maintains a private Facebook group called Oldham County HS Band Boosters! You can request to join through Facebook and we’ll add you. This is a good place to get quick answers to your questions, as many people will see your post fairly quickly.
For Band Booster questions and business, please use the band booster email [email protected].
SAVE THE DATES
Important Dates—Summer and Fall 2021
Marching Band Reading Session
Last Day for Students June 7th
4:00-6:00 p.m. at OCHS
Summer Band Rehearsals
Mondays and Thursdays
Starts July 5th through the first day of the school year
6:00-8:30 p.m. at OCHS
Oldham County Day Parade
Band Camp Week
8:30 a.m—8:30 p.m. DAILY
After school rehearsals (marching band)
Every Thursday; August 12—end of season
HOME FOOTBALL DATES FALL 2021 (required performances)
August 27th v. Shelby County
September 10th v. Meade County
October 7th (THURSDAY) v. Eastern (7:00 start)
October 22nd v. GRC (we will not play this game-fall break)
(Fall Break October 18-22)
October 29th v. Bullitt East (Senior night)
VOLUNTEER AND SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES
The OCHS Band Boosters is needing volunteers for open positions for next year. Board positions are elected positions called out in the By laws and include the officer positions and the class reps. Committee Positions are non-elected positions.
After surveying those currently serving, the following positions are open for next year:
Board (all positions except Treasurer are up for elections but the following do not have someone rerunning).
- Script Gift Cards Coordinator
- Letterman Jacket/Spirit Wear Coordinator
- All District Co-chair to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Alumni Coordinator
In addition, all committee positions are always open to shadowing or additional help. The committees below will have Senior parent next year and would be great to have someone shadowing next year that could take over the following year:
- Mums Sale Coordinator
- Instrument Rental
- Band Website Support
Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in filling any of the roles listed above or if you are interested in shadowing any committee. If you would like more details on each position’s role, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact the current coordinator.
FUNDRAISING MADE EASY
Kroger Plus Community Rewards
OCHS Band participates in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Please register your Kroger Plus card online (same frequent shopper card you use to get Kroger’s discount prices) and link it to the Oldham County High School Band. Our band program earns 4% of what you spend at Kroger. You don’t have to do anything else except shop at Kroger. You DO NOT lose your own rewards points or fuel rewards.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card that’s already registered at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Sign in to your account with your email and password.
- Click on “Enroll.”
- Enter our school’s ID Number QJ874 or search for “Oldham County High School Band.”
- Select “Oldham County High School Band” and hit “Enroll”.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card, but have never registered it online at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com and click “Register” in top right-hand corner.
- From “Create an Account” page, enter the requested information. Then click “Create Account”.
- Link your Kroger Plus card to your new account. This number is found on the back of your Kroger Plus card.
- Click on the Community Rewards link.
- Click on “Enroll”.
- Enter our school’s QJ874 or search for “Oldham County High School Band”
- Select “Oldham County High School Band” and hit “Enroll”.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Under Select a Charity type: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc
- Click “Select”
- Click the check box next to the statement “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc.”
- Click “Start Shopping”
- You will see “Supporting: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc” below the search bar in Amazon each time you log in.
- Set smile.amazon.com as your favorite
- If you forget to log onto smile.amazon.com and instead, put everything into your cart at amazon.com – as long as you have not completed the purchase:
- Simply open another browser, go to smile.amazon.com and everything in your cart is there, and you can complete your purchase.
- Important Note – Using the Amazon app on your handheld device DOES NOT use Smile. Simply add the items to your cart in the amazon app, then using your handheld browser, log into smile.amazon.com to complete the purchase.
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe