Weekly Band News December 20 – December 26
- Band Rehearsals will resume the week of January 4th.
- Health Check Form must be completed prior to arriving at rehearsals. Health Check Link: https://forms.gle/
- Link to Instrumental Music Google Site: https://sites.google.com/
- The next band booster meeting will be January 18th at 7:00pm via zoom.
Congratulations to Abby Hardin, Natalie DeSimone, Joseph Dennis, Aaron Cook, and Hannah Centers on being selected for the WKU HONOR CLINIC!
We will meet with Symphonic Band II (5th period class) on Tuesday evening, from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
We will meet with Symphonic Band I (6th period class) on Wednesday evening, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Jazz Band will meet after rehearsal until 9:00.
9th grade percussionists should attend on Tuesday; all upperclassmen Percussionists should attend on Wednesday. Tuba and Euphonium players will receive special instructions from Mr. Schmidt to enable you to work on both your KMEA conference music and rehearse with the bands.
Parents and spectators will not be allowed to attend the rehearsals due to the restrictions.
If parents or their student are uncomfortable with this arrangement, they should let me know they will not attend. Please email with concerns [email protected]. This will NOT be graded but is an opportunity. No one should feel compelled to attend if they have someone quarantined at home, currently dealing with the virus, or just simply feel unsafe in any way.
NTI Daily Schedule (periods 1-3-5 M + Th, periods 2-4-6 T + F)
10:00 am – 10:45 am Period 1 (Monday/Thursday) or 2 (Tuesday/Friday)
11:00 am – 11:45 am Period 3 (Monday/Thursday) or 4 (Tuesday/Friday)
12:15 – 1:00 pm Period 5 (Sym. II; Monday/Thursday) or 6 (Sym. I; Tuesday/Friday)
1:15 pm-3:45 pm Office hours, virtual lessons, etc.
Wednesdays (remediation day, Advisory with period 4/Jazz ensemble)
10:00 am-10:30 am Google Meet with 4th period; attendance and advisory items
11:00-noon/1:00-3:30 Office Hours, small group virtual collaboration, individual lessons
FUNDRAISING MADE EASY
Kroger Plus Community Rewards
OCHS Band participates in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Please register your Kroger Plus card online (same frequent shopper card you use to get Kroger’s discount prices) and link it to the Oldham County High School Band. Our band program earns 4% of what you spend at Kroger. You don’t have to do anything else except shop at Kroger. You DO NOT lose your own rewards points or fuel rewards.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card that’s already registered at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com/
communityrewards. Sign in to your account with your email and password.
- Click on "Enroll."
- Enter our school’s ID Number QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band."
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
If you have a KROGER PLUS card, but have never registered it online at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com and click "Register" in top right-hand corner.
- From "Create an Account" page, enter the requested information. Then click "Create Account".
- Link your Kroger Plus card to your new account. This number is found on the back of your Kroger Plus card.
- Click on the Community Rewards link.
- Click on "Enroll".
- Enter our school’s QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band"
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Under Select a Charity type: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc
- Click “Select”
- Click the check box next to the statement “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc.”
- Click “Start Shopping”
- You will see “Supporting: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc” below the search bar in Amazon each time you log in.
- Set smile.amazon.com as your favorite
- If you forget to log onto smile.amazon.com and instead, put everything into your cart at amazon.com – as long as you have not completed the purchase:
- Simply open another browser, go to smile.amazon.com and everything in your cart is there, and you can complete your purchase.
- Important Note – Using the Amazon app on your handheld device DOES NOT use Smile. Simply add the items to your cart in the amazon app, then using your handheld browser, log into smile.amazon.com to complete the purchase.
We are in need of a new photo coordinator.
- Coordinating volunteer photographers to help take photos at games and concerts and compiling on Facebook.
- Compile/organize at least two photos per band member either individually or in a group.
- Take senior photos at the beginning of band season for buttons given to parents on Senior Night. Buttons can be made at Oldham County Arts Center.
- Organize the end of year slide show to be shown at the banquet with music from the band throughout the year. Other volunteers/parents can assist with music they have recorded.
Please email [email protected] if interested.
Last year, many outstanding businesses and corporations supported the Oldham County High School Band by donating goods and services for our marching and concert 2019-2020 seasons. The entire band and our many football game and concert attendees had the benefit of their generous support as they enjoyed each of our band’s musical performances. We were–and are–very grateful for their support! Corporate Sponsorships are $500 annually and the fee may be waived in exchange for services and goods that help to make the band successful each year. Examples of these goods and services include donated catering services, printing services, uniform cleaning services, web hosting services, and sign and banner production services. If you are interested in sponsoring the OCHS band for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact us. Or if you’d rather speak in person, I’m happy to stop by and talk through how your business can support our band this year. Please use the following link for additional information. https://ochs.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at https://docs.google.com/
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe
BAND BOOSTER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We are need of the following volunteers. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested.
- Alumni Coordinator
- Photo Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Web Back-up Support
- Other shadowing opportunities are available. These allow you to learn the job this year so that you can do it next year!