Weekly Band News August 16 – August 22
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be tomorrow, Monday, August 17th at 7:00pm via zoom. The Meeting Agenda, July Minutes and Financial Report will be posted on the OCHS Band Website for your convenience. Click here to view the August Band Boosters Meeting Agenda and the July Band Boosters Meeting Minutes. The Meeting Link, ID and Passcode is listed below. We hope you are able to attend!
Meeting ID: 895 0554 5228
As in years past, we will be selling mums as a fundraiser this year. This has historically been a large generator of band funds and we hope the pandemic does not hinder that this year. So, please participate! THE COUNTDOWN IS ON! 8 DAYS UNTIL ORDERS ARE DUE!
Things to note:
- Order forms were handed out at band camp, can be found at the link below and will be posted the OCHS Band Website.
- All orders need to be turned in by August 24th.
- Money is collected when you take the order.
- If school is not in session, orders need to be dropped off at the school office.
- Checks can be made payable to "OCHS Band Boosters" (We are looking at electronic payment methods as well and will let you know)
- Delivery mid-September (exact date TBD)
Please click on the link for the order form.
Click here for the Mums Fundraiser information and order form.
Health Check Form
Everyone should complete this form prior to arrival at rehearsals this summer; temp check and a few questions. Anyone answering "yes" to any of the questions should stay home and follow the directions prompted.
QR Code for Health Check
Keep this info handy (maybe print a copy of the QR and put it on the fridge…) as we get through the month of July and early August!
Marching Band Rehearsals
The marching band will continue to meet Monday and Thursday evenings, with the push back of opening day for school to August 24th, we will continue our "summer rehearsal" schedule (Brass on Monday, Woodwinds and Percussion on Thursday, 6-8:30 pm) through August 20th . Rehearsal Dates at this time are scheduled for Brass: August 17 and WW/Perc: August 20. Details for how rehearsals will take place can be found on the OCHS Band website at ochs.bands or on Google Classroom . Rehearsals will be 6:00 – 8:30 pm and are held at OCHS. Attendance is expected at summer band rehearsal if you are in town. If you’re on vacation or out of town for any of these dates, please notify Mr. Rogers at [email protected]
For Rehearsals Students will need to bring:
- Face Mask, to be properly worn at all times on campus.
- Each Student will need to bring their own wire music stand with their name on the stand. If you do not have a stand, you can obtain a stand/carry bag from the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Flip Folio, These can also be purchased through the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Water bottle, Clearly identified with your name.
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer
- Please wear Athletic Shoes, Flips flops and Sandals are highly discouraged. Being on your feet on HOT concrete, you’ll want safe, and supportive shoes.
- Hat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
Spirit Wear/Show Shirts
A few parents have asked about additional shirts for themselves or other family members. We have worked with the shirt vendor to set up an online store where you can make these orders. If your student is in the 2020/2021 OCHS Band—ONE short sleeved shirt for your student is INCLUDED in Band Fees for the year. Please note that you would only order for them if you want extras or additional products.
A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Here is the link to OCHS Band Spirit Wear. There are lots of sizes and styles. They do have extended sizes.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found here.
Band Booster Leadership
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonja Neely
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe