Mid-Week Band News: Sept 9 – Sept 12
- Congratulations to our outstanding Tuba/Euphonium students on being selected to perform at the 2021 KMEA Professional Development Conference!!! This is a big deal…now, let’s get to work on the program! Very proud of all of you–and to all the new tuba and euphonium players, a fantastic way to begin your experience with the OCHS Band program. You’re following in the footsteps of another ensemble from OC who performed at the Conference in 2013.
- Snap! Raise Homework needs to be done ASAP so we can kick off our fundraiser on September 3rd. Please see below for details. If you have already completed it, THANK YOU!!!
- Health Check Form must be completed prior to arriving at rehearsal each day. Form and QR Code have also been posted to Google Classroom.
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be Monday, September 21 at at 7:00pm via Zoom.
Senior Night Information to Date:
The school has determined that next Friday’s OCHS football game (9/18) will be Senior Night. We are arranging to have someone available to take photos and make posters that will hang on the fence during the game and the halftime ceremonies. Big Photo will be at OCHS prior to the woodwind/percussion band practice this coming Thursday (9/10) in order to take pictures for the posters. Seniors will need to be in uniform with instrument and arrive promptly at 5 pm.
We are sorry for the short notice but this was the only chance to try and allow time for these posters to be completed prior to the football game. For those who cannot make Thursday, please contact us at [email protected] and we will work on a makeup photo day to at least get a poster made although it may not be available for Senior night. Cost for the posters will be $38 per student and checks should be written out to “Big Photo” and put in an envelope with the senior’s name on it. Please bring this on Thursday, 9/10 to rehearsal.
FRESHMAN PARENTS – In anticipation of a concert band season this school year, all freshman students will need to purchase one of two items – Full length gown, $55 (Women) or white tuxedo shirt, $17 (Men). Checks are due by MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th and should be made out to “Oldham County Band Boosters”. We cannot place your student’s order unless we have received their measurements – please contact [email protected]
Our 2020 Snap! Raise pre-project "homework" is below. This is a super important fundraising effort for us, and for it to be that again this year, I’m expecting all students to work with your parents in the next few days to develop and upload your email list of supporters as described below: (From Tristen Hines, our Snap! Raise project coordinator)
OCHS Band! It is very important that you get this done in the next few days. We will not be able to begin the actual project until you have completed the preliminary work that will ensure our success!
You will be directed to add your emails. The expectation is that every member of the band has 20 QUALITY EMAILS uploaded to your profile. I will be able to track this!
Make sure your emails do NOT include students, teachers, fake emails, etc. and are only legitimate potential donors. Again, I will be tracking this.
There will be incentives for those that participate fully in this campaign, so please get this done! WE WILL NOT KICK OFF THE PROJECT until you have completed this important preliminary work!!
Thanks for all of your hard work!
SnapRaise information is also posted at the OHCS Band Website. Click here to get started with your Snap! Raise homework!
We will continue our evening rehearsal schedule in the same groupings we used for past gatherings, rehearsals will run from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- All Brass will rehearse on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:30.
- All Woodwinds/Percussion will rehearse on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30
We will continue this rehearsal schedule until we are allowed to return to the building for A/B in-person instruction. At that time, we will adjust to conform with the groups of students in the building and by class period. Exactly how that will look is still unknown, as rosters for the A/B schedule have not been issued yet. We will update as more information is given. Attendance is expected at band rehearsals. If you’re unable to attend for any reason, please notify Mr. Rogers directly at [email protected]. Please Do Not email the Band Boosters regarding absences.
For Rehearsals Students will need to bring:
- Face Mask, to be properly worn at all times on campus.
- Each Student will need to bring their own wire music stand with their name on the stand. If you do not have a stand, you can obtain a stand/carry bag from the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Flip Folio, These can also be purchased through the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Water bottle, Clearly identified with your name.
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer
- Please wear Athletic Shoes, Flips flops and Sandals are highly discouraged. Being on your feet on HOT concrete, you’ll want safe, and supportive shoes.
- Hat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
Volunteer Opportunity for Senior Parents
We are in need of a senior parent to be our Senior Member At Large Board Member. Responsibilities will include representing the senior parents on the executive board, attending one executive board meeting per month as well as the monthly band booster meeting, and being a voting member at meetings. If you would be interested in this position or would like additional information please email [email protected].
A few parents have asked about additional shirts for themselves or other family members. We have worked with the shirt vendor to set up an online store where you can make these orders. If your student is in the 2020/2021 OCHS Band—ONE short sleeved shirt for your student is INCLUDED in Band Fees for the year. Please note that you would only order for them if you want extras or additional products.
A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Here is the link to OCHS Band Show Shirt Page. There are lots of sizes and styles. They do have extended sizes.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, click here to complete the online form.
Band Booster Leadership
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: OPEN
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe