Mid-Week Band News: October 9 – October 12
Students who ordered band apparel will receive their orders on Thursday before band rehearsal. Jackets are not included in this shipment but are on the way and will be handed out as soon as they are received. Second payments for the jackets will be due upon their arrival.
Homecoming Parade – Thursday, October 10
The band will remain at school following after-school rehearsal on Thursday, October 10th to participate in the Homecoming Parade (break 6:00-6:30, move to OCMS, parade at 7, finish around 7:30.) Parade route will be on Colonel Dr between OCMS and OCHS football field.
Senior Night / Homecoming Ballgame – Friday, October 11
The band’s final half-time performance of the season will be Oct 11. Click here for the full game schedule. Official Senior Night/ Homecoming Football Game Schedule
- Senior band members will be recognized from the pressbox before the game and in the bandroom with cupcakes after the game.
- A tailgate meal of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches will be served before the game, with parent volunteers bringing chips/desserts/water.
- Many of our Senior parents’ pre-game “jobs” will need to be filled in with other volunteers. Seniors and their parents must be on the track to line up for recognition well before the start of the game.
- Senior Pins have been turned in and will be passed out before the Homecoming Game.
Volunteer needs for Senior Night Ballgame
- Tailgate meal setup/cleanup and chips/desserts/water. Please click on this link to signup:
- For the game, we need volunteers to move drum major stands to stadium, move iced water bottles to stadium, hand out water to students during 1st & 2nd quarter, take pictures of students 1st, 2nd & 4th quarter, take pictures during half-time on the field, help with last minute uniform needs/mishaps, open gate at stadium for band to march through, and to sit in the band section of the stadium during half-time and 3rd quarter to keep student body from walking through and damaging instruments. Please click on this link to signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-volunteers1
- Graeter’s ice cream sales before and during the game. Please click on this link to signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-graeters
- Volunteers to bring 1 dozen average-sized cupcakes for the band students to enjoy after the game in honor of the Senior classmates. Photographers to photograph the Seniors and their families before the game and during the Senior parade. Please click this link to signup for either of these 2 needs: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aaa628a3fb6-cupcakes1
Katie Fuller is compiling a band directory to be published among the band members after Fall Break. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at:
Fundraising Made Easy
Kroger Plus Community Rewards
OCHS Band participates in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Please register your Kroger Plus card online (same frequent shopper card you use to get Kroger’s discount prices) and link it to the Oldham County High School Band. Our band program earns 4% of what you spend at Kroger. You don’t have to do anything else except shop at Kroger. You DO NOT lose your own rewards points or fuel rewards.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card that’s already registered at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards. Sign in to your account with your email and password.
- Click on "Enroll."
- Enter our school’s ID Number QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band."
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
If you have a KROGER PLUS card, but have never registered it online at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com and click "Register" in top right-hand corner.
- From "Create an Account" page, enter the requested information. Then click "Create Account".
- Link your Kroger Plus card to your new account. This number is found on the back of your Kroger Plus card.
- Click on the Community Rewards link.
- Click on "Enroll".
- Enter our school’s QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band"
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
Shoparoo is a free mobile app that allows users to take pictures of their grocery shopping receipts and for each one, Shoparoo makes a cash donation to the user’s chosen school. “Every receipt counts” allows users to submit receipts from all types of retail stories including restaurants, clothing stories and electronic retailers. Grocery store receipts earn points, other receipts get entered into a weekly drawing for additional money.
- Download the app (Shoparoo) which is available for Android and iPhone devices.
- Open app
- Allow location
- Sign up, note: please put BAND behind your last name.
- Enter the referral code FED21226 to earn the band extra points
- Click on Earn (at bottom of home Shoparoo screen)
- Scroll to the bottom
- Click on Enter Code
- Choose Oldham County High School
To enter your receipts:
- Open Shoparoo app
- Choose the Camera option at bottom of Shoparoo screen
- Take pictures of your receipts – ANY receipt!
- Click Done
- Click Submit Receipt
Grocery store receipts earn points which add up to earn dollars for the band. Non-grocery store receipts are entered into a monthly and yearly drawing for big bucks. We receive an annual check from Shoparoo (usually around Sep/Oct) Ask your friends and families to do this too!
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Under Select a Charity type: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc
- Click “Select”
- Click the check box next to the statement “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc.”
- Click “Start Shopping”
- You will see “Supporting: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc” below the search bar in Amazon each time you log in.
- Set smile.amazon.com as your favorite
- If you forget to log onto smile.amazon.com and instead, put everything into your cart at amazon.com – as long as you have not completed the purchase:
- Simply open another browser, go to smile.amazon.com and everything in your cart is there, and you can complete your purchase.
- Important Note – Using the Amazon app on your handheld device DOES NOT use Smile. Simply add the items to your cart in the amazon app, then using your handheld browser, log into smile.amazon.com to complete the purchase.
Important Dates To Remember
October 10th – Homecoming Parade
October 10th – Last Thursday after-school marching band rehearsal (4:00-6:00pm)
October 11th – Home Football Game (Senior Night/Homecoming)
October 14th – Symphonic Band I 3:45-5:00pm (Monday-starts concert band sequence)
October 15th – Symphonic Band II 3:45-5:00pm (Tuesday-starts concert band sequence)
October 16th – Halloween Concert at EOMS
October 21st-25th – Fall Break
November 4th – WKU All State Audition Clinic
November 7th – 10th NAfME All National Honors Ensembles, Orlando FL
November 14th – Fall Concert 7:00pm
November 15th – Jazz Café I 7:00pm
November 18th – 22nd Seating Auditions (makeups 25th and 26th)
November 21st 5th District Auditions at OCHS
November 24th -26th EKU Honor’s Band
November 27th-29th – Thanksgiving Break
December 14th – All State Auditions (John Hardin High School)
December 17th – Holiday Concert
December 18th- 21st – Midwest Int’l Band and Orchestra Clinic
The updated full band schedule can be found on the band website at https://ochs.band.