Mid-Week Band News: May 26 – 29
- Weekly band rehearsals will take place immediately after school on Tuesdays for Symphonic II and Wednesdays for Symphonic I from 4:00-5:15 through this week. The last day of school, June 7th the band will practice with incoming freshmen from 4:00 to 5:30 for our Marching Band Reading Session.
- As the end of the year approaches, we still need Committee Coordinators for next year. See the listing below and email [email protected] if interested.
- The next Band Booster meeting will be Monday, June 28th at 7:00pm in the band room. It will be in person with a zoom option. Please use the following link to join the meeting via zoom.
The Spring Concert is tomorrow, May 27st at 7:00 pm at the OCHS Gym. Some details:
- Students need to arrive by 6:00pm for warmup and soundcheck. Don’t Be Late!
- Students need to wear nice "Spring Outfits." Boys: Collared Shirts, Dress Pants/khakis. Girls: Dresses.
- Please enter through the front doors and not the band room.
- We will not be charging for admission but there will be a location at the program table for “love offerings.”
- There are no limits on guests; however, we do have total capacity limits for the gym of 400 so please be mindful of this. Immediate family is fine. Masks are required to be worn (even for those who are vaccinated).
- Mr. Ritchie (the videographer) will have forms available that you can fill out to order for both the KMEA Recording sessions at the end of April and for the Spring Concert. Any parent wishing to order DVD’s of the performance, or a recording of the Virtual Concert Festival performance we made in late April must be prepared to order AND pay for them at the concert. Mr. Ritchie wants to ensure everyone gets their recordings prior to the last day of school, no late orders will be accepted! Cash, check or card will be accepted for payment.
- We will be selling Graeters Ice Cream at the concert. $4 each and all flavors available.
SAVE THE DATES
Important Dates—Summer and Fall 2021
Marching Band Reading Session
Last Day for Students June 7th
4:15-5:30 p.m. at OCHS
Summer Band Rehearsals
Mondays and Thursdays
Starts July 5th through the first day of the school year
6:00-8:30 p.m. at OCHS
Oldham County Day Parade
July 17th (Information Coming Soon!)
Band Camp Week
8:30 a.m—8:30 p.m. DAILY
After school rehearsals (marching band)
Every Thursday; August 12—end of season
HOME FOOTBALL DATES FALL 2021 (required performances)
August 27th v. Shelby County
September 10th v. Meade County
October 7th (THURSDAY) v. Eastern (7:00 start)
October 22nd v. GRC (we will not play this game-fall break)
(Fall Break October 18-22)
October 29th v. Bullitt East (Senior night)
VOLUNTEER AND SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES
The OCHS Band Boosters is needing volunteers for open positions for next year. Board positions are elected positions called out in the By laws and include the officer positions and the class reps. Committee Positions are non-elected positions.
After surveying those currently serving, the following positions are open for next year:
Board (all positions except Treasurer are up for elections but the following do not have someone rerunning):
- Treasurer – Elect
- Script Gift Cards Coordinator
- Letterman Jacket/Spirit Wear Coordinator
- Picture Coordinator
- All District Co-chair to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Alumni Coordinator
In addition, all committee positions are always open to shadowing or additional help. The committees below will have Senior parent next year and would be great to have someone shadowing next year that could take over the following year:
- Mums Sale Coordinator
- Instrument Rental
- Band Website Support
Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in filling any of the roles listed above or if you are interested in shadowing any committee. If you would like more details on each position’s role, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact the current coordinator.
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe