Mid-Week Band News: May 19 – May 22
- Weekly band rehearsals will take place immediately after school on Tuesdays for Symphonic II and Wednesdays for Symphonic I from 4:00-5:15.
- As the end of the year approaches, we still need Committee Coordinators for next year. See the listing below and email [email protected] if interested.
- The next Band Booster meeting will be tonight at 7:00pm in the band room. It will be in person with a zoom option. Please use the following link to join the meeting via zoom.
Meeting ID: 350 134 0074
Band Banquet is this Friday, May 21st at 7:00 pm at the OCHS Gym. Some details:
- Please enter through the front doors and not the band room.
- There will be no meal for this banquet.
- No RSVP is required for the banquet and no tickets are required.
- There are no limits on guests; however, we do have total capacity limits for the gym so please be mindful of this. Immediate family is fine.
- Seniors and their families will be seated at tables on the gym floor. Seniors—Please sit with your family.
- Other band members will sit in the bleachers with their family. Families need to sit in family units and keep distancing from other family groups.
- Mask are required to be worn (even for those who are vaccinated).
- Treat bags will be given to band members only.
- There will be an OCHS photo backdrop across from the treat bag display if you want to use for a photo op.
- Please do not take home any props, balloons, or décor.
We are looking forward to celebrating our Seniors, the Class of 2021.
SAVE THE DATES
Spring Concert May 27th at 7:00pm. The concert will be in the OCHS Gym. Recordings will be made available for purchase by Main Office Productions (Brad Ritchie).
Important Dates—Summer and Fall 2021
Please note that summer dates and/or times may be changed or adjusted at the discretion of Mr. Centers.
Marching Band Reading Session
Last Day for Students (TBA);
4:15-5:30 p.m. at OCHS
Summer Band Rehearsals
Mondays and Thursdays
Starts July 5th through the first day of the school year
6:00-8:30 p.m. at OCHS
Oldham County Day Parade
July 17th (a.m.; schedule TBA,)
Band Camp Week
8:30 a.m—8:30 p.m. DAILY
After school rehearsals (marching band)
Every Thursday; August 12—end of season
HOME FOOTBALL DATES FALL 2021 (required performances)
August 27th v. Shelby County
September 10th v. Meade County
October 7th (THURSDAY) v. Eastern (7:00 start)
October 22nd v. GRC (we will not play this game-fall break)
(Fall Break October 18-22)
October 29th v. Bullitt East (Senior night)
Band rehearsals will take place immediately after school on Tuesdays for Symphonic II and Wednesdays for Symphonic I from 4:00-5:15.
Parents and spectators will not be allowed to attend the rehearsals due to the restrictions.
If parents or their student are uncomfortable with this arrangement, they should let me know they will not attend. Please email with concerns [email protected].
VOLUNTEER AND SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES
The OCHS Band Boosters is needing volunteers for open positions for next year. Board positions are elected positions called out in the By laws and include the officer positions and the class reps. Committee Positions are non-elected positions.
After surveying those currently serving, the following positions are open for next year:
Board (all positions except Treasurer are up for elections but the following do not have someone rerunning):
- Treasurer – Elect
- Script Gift Cards Coordinator
- Hospitality Co-coordinator to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Letterman Jacket/Spirit Wear Coordinator
- Picture Coordinator
- All District Co-chair to work with previous year’s coordinator.
- Alumni Coordinator
In addition, all committee positions are always open to shadowing or additional help. The committees below will have Senior parent next year and would be great to have someone shadowing next year that could take over the following year:
- Mums Sale Coordinator
- Instrument Rental
- Band Website Support
Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in filling any of the roles listed above or if you are interested in shadowing any committee. If you would like more details on each position’s role, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact the current coordinator.
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe