Mid-Week Band News: June 3 – June 6
- Welcome Letter for the 2020-2021 OCHS Band can be accessed at the following link Welcome Letter for OCHS Band 2020-2021
- Summer Packet Information has uploaded to the band website. This information will not be printed by the OCHS BAND Boosters and will need to be printed at home. The Medical Release form will need to be notarized. All forms will need to be turned in the first week of Summer Band Rehearsals. Please use the following link to access the information Summer Packet 2020-2021
- Volunteer information for the 2020-2021 School year can be found at Volunteer 2020-2021
- Summer Band Rehearsals will begin on July 6th. (Monday and Thursday evenings 6:00-8:30pm.)
- Band Camp will be July 27-31. Band Camp is mandatory for all band students.
- Past Emails and other important information can be found on the OCHS Band Website at https://ochs.band.
End of Year Band Celebration
The End of Year Band Celebration will be held on Friday, June 12th from 7:30-9:30 pm. Please follow the link to access the invitation http://evite.me/ZXR7x8Pj5a. We hope everyone can attend.
We are in need of 8-10 people to assist with parking lot control for the band celebration. We will be parking cars where the band practices in the summer. You will need to arrive by 6:45 pm, June 12th.
Thank you for your help!!!!
REMIND and Google Form for 2020-2021
A Google form has been set up for all returning and incoming OCHS Band members for 2020-21: Some have done the Google form already, others have not. Please ask your child if they have filled out this form. If they have not, or are not sure, they need to do it ASAP. Please click the link to fill out and submit the form.
Remind will become increasingly important after we finish the school year and get into the great unknown called "summer 2020".
Remind 101 class for 2020-2021 MARCHING BAND STUDENTS ONLY: text @ocmc2020 to 81010
Remind 101 class for 2020-2021 BAND PARENTS ONLY: text @ochsBB20 to 81010
Band Booster Leadership Positions
We need to start positioning the band for the Booster parental support they will need next year. A large portion of our Band Booster Executive Board are Senior parents. We need volunteers for next year to provide the structure and support the band needs to be able to participate in the opportunities Mr. Roger’s provides for the kids. The Band Boosters are a 501C3 Non-Profit Organization. In order to maintain that non-profit status, the Executive Board must have at minimum President and Treasurer for the 2020-2021 School Year in place by June 30.
If you want to know what’s involved, click on the name of the position and a document should download onto your device with a description, a rough estimate of time involved, and contact info for the person who is currently doing that job this year.
Board Member Vacancies for 2020-2021
President – vacant
Vice-President (also called President-Elect) – vacant
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonja Neely
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Member-at-Large – vacant
Other vacancies for next year are listed below:
2) Mum Fundraiser Coordinator
Questions? Contact Kim Zarotny @ [email protected]
3) Pit Crew Coordinator
Questions? Contact Henry Sipes @ [email protected]
4) Large instrument truck rental for events and truck driver coordinator
Questions? Contact Lana Downs @ [email protected]
The band needs you and your kid needs you to be involved. Thanks for all you’ve done to support the band this year and let’s get set up for a great year next year.
Oldham County Community Band
If you are in possession of a folder belonging to the Oldham County Community Band (remember, we got knocked out of a performance in March, too), please contact Mr. Rogers to set up a time for returning it.
The music in the folders are all originals, and we want to make sure we get everything back. Thanks for your help in getting this music returned promptly.
I’m looking into the possibility of starting OCCB rehearsals again at some point during the summer; information about that will be posted at www.eboard.com (rogersbrad) under the OCCB tab.