Mid-Week Band News: December 9 – December 12
- Seating Auditions will continue through December 14th. Audition requirements and details can be found on Google Classroom.
- Link to Instrumental Music Google Site: https://sites.google.com/
- We will be auditioning for positions in our All County Band in the coming weeks; the plan is to hold the event later in the spring semester, with live, socially-distanced rehearsals culminating in either a virtual or in-person concert performance. Additional information can be found on Google Classroom. Link: https://forms.gle/
- The next band booster meeting will be Monday, December 14th at 7:00pm via zoom. The link and meeting information is below. We hope you will attend!
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.
Meeting ID: 832 6466 9587
ScholarshipAuditions.com is offering a free 90 -day subscription. This may help open a door for summer enrichment or continue moving toward students college and career dreams. Given our current situation, students and colleges/camps are turning to virtual solutions to connect with each other.
The Gift: a 90-day free premium subscription to ScholarshipAudition.com which includes…
An online performance portfolio to showcase your talent and achievements to college and camp faculty members searching for talented students
A secure messaging platform to host the conversations required to connect with college scholarship decision makers and camp enrollment directors
A valuable library of resources to assist along your journey
You can learn more and find ScholarshipAuditions.com’s offer HERE.
NTI Daily Schedule (periods 1-3-5 M + Th, periods 2-4-6 T + F)
10:00 am – 10:45 am Period 1 (Monday/Thursday) or 2 (Tuesday/Friday)
11:00 am – 11:45 am Period 3 (Monday/Thursday) or 4 (Tuesday/Friday)
12:15 – 1:00 pm Period 5 (Sym. II; Monday/Thursday) or 6 (Sym. I; Tuesday/Friday)
1:15 pm-3:45 pm Office hours, virtual lessons, etc.
Wednesdays (remediation day, Advisory with period 4/Jazz ensemble)
10:00 am-10:30 am Google Meet with 4th period; attendance and advisory items
11:00-noon/1:00-3:30 Office Hours, small group virtual collaboration, individual lessons
ALL REHEARSALS ARE CANCELLED THROUGH DECEMBER 13TH.
We are in need of a new photo coordinator.
- Coordinating volunteer photographers to help take photos at games and concerts and compiling on Facebook.
- Compile/organize at least two photos per band member either individually or in a group.
- Take senior photos at the beginning of band season for buttons given to parents on Senior Night. Buttons can be made at Oldham County Arts Center.
- Organize the end of year slide show to be shown at the banquet with music from the band throughout the year. Other volunteers/parents can assist with music they have recorded.
Please email OCHSBandnews@gmail.com if interested.
Last year, many outstanding businesses and corporations supported the Oldham County High School Band by donating goods and services for our marching and concert 2019-2020 seasons. The entire band and our many football game and concert attendees had the benefit of their generous support as they enjoyed each of our band’s musical performances. We were–and are–very grateful for their support! Corporate Sponsorships are $500 annually and the fee may be waived in exchange for services and goods that help to make the band successful each year. Examples of these goods and services include donated catering services, printing services, uniform cleaning services, web hosting services, and sign and banner production services. If you are interested in sponsoring the OCHS band for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact us. Or if you’d rather speak in person, I’m happy to stop by and talk through how your business can support our band this year. Please use the following link for additional information. https://ochs.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please complete the online form found at https://docs.google.com/
BAND BOOSTER LEADERSHIP
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonya Cook
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe
BAND BOOSTER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We are need of the following volunteers. Please contact OCHSBandnews@gmail.com if you are interested.
- Alumni Coordinator
- Photo Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Web Back-up Support
- Other shadowing opportunities are available. These allow you to learn the job this year so that you can do it next year!