Mid-Week Band News: Aug 19 – Aug 22
- Rehearsal on Thursday August 21: Woodwind and Percussion Rehearsal will take place from 6:00-8:30 at OCHS. Next Week with the start of NTI Rehearsal time will be 6:00-7:30. Please see below for additional details.
- Uniform Measurements: If you have not turned in your students uniform measurements please do so by the end of this week. Send a scanned copy of the completed
form or directly e-mail all measurements for your student to Charlie Christensen at email@example.com by Friday, August 21st . Pricing for concert attire (full length gowns for women, tuxedo shirts for men) will
be sent at a later date. Measuring Information is available on the OCHS Band Website. Click here for information on how to measure for concert wear and Dinkles (Band Shoes).
- The next Band Booster Meeting will be tomorrow, Monday, September 21st at 7:00pm via zoom.
As in years past, we will be selling mums as a fundraiser this year. This has historically been a large generator of band funds and we hope the pandemic does not hinder that this year. So, please participate! THE COUNTDOWN IS ON! 5 DAYS UNTIL ORDERS ARE DUE!
Things to note:
- Order forms were handed out at band camp, can be found at the link below and will be posted the OCHS Band Website.
- All orders need to be turned in by August 24th. Woodwinds and percussion can turn orders in at rehearsal tomorrow 8/20 or you can stop by before or after rehearsal on Monday 8/24 to turn in order forms and money. Money and Forms can be placed in the Band Drop Box. Please place orders in a sealed envelope with the student’s name.
- Money is collected when you take the order.
- If school is not in session, orders need to be dropped off at the school office.
- Checks can be made payable to "OCHS Band Boosters" (We are looking at electronic payment methods as well and will let you know)
- Delivery mid-September (exact date TBD)
Please click on the link for the order form.
Click here for the Mums Fundraiser information and order form.
The Snap! Raise virtual fundraising effort will be launching September 3rd. To launch this program on time (Sept. 3rd), we need parents and students to view the video, then open the Snap! Raise join/login link to set up your 20 (minimum) valid emails of potential donors to our program. Tristen Hines is our project coordinator with Snap! Raise, and is the person who started our inaugural effort three years ago; it’s great to have him back with us for this year’s project. It is SUPER IMPORTANT that everyone in our program participate in this project; you will find it is the easiest and most lucrative way to raise funds–and without selling things that people might buy, but really don’t want. Snap! Raise allows us to "sell" the great history and reputation of the OCHS band program as the product by encouraging donors to help continue that into the future. Everyone in our program benefits from the success of our fundraising efforts, and it is even more critical under the current circumstances that we take full advantage of these opportunities.Thanks for your attention to this, and your support of the OCHS Band program. SnapRaise is the most time-efficient and lucrative project we have, netting us over $14,000 last year.
You will be directed to add your emails. The expectation is that every member of our team has 20 quality emails uploaded to your profile. I will be able to track this! Make sure your emails do NOT include students, teachers, fake emails, etc. and are only legitimate potential donors. Again, I will be tracking this. There will be incentives for those that participate fully in this campaign, so please get this done!
Thanks for all of your hard work!
SnapRaise information is also posted at the OHCS Band Website. Click here to get started with your Snap! Raise homework!
Fundraising Made Easy
Kroger Plus Community Rewards
OCHS Band participates in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Please register your Kroger Plus card online (same frequent shopper card you use to get Kroger’s discount prices) and link it to the Oldham County High School Band. Our band program earns 4% of what you spend at Kroger. You don’t have to do anything else except shop at Kroger. You DO NOT lose your own rewards points or fuel rewards.
If you have a KROGER PLUS card that’s already registered at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com/
communityrewards. Sign in to your account with your email and password.
- Click on "Enroll."
- Enter our school’s ID Number QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band."
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
If you have a KROGER PLUS card, but have never registered it online at www.kroger.com:
- Go to www.kroger.com and click "Register" in top right-hand corner.
- From "Create an Account" page, enter the requested information. Then click "Create Account".
- Link your Kroger Plus card to your new account. This number is found on the back of your Kroger Plus card.
- Click on the Community Rewards link.
- Click on "Enroll".
- Enter our school’s QJ874 or search for "Oldham County High School Band"
- Select "Oldham County High School Band" and hit "Enroll".
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Under Select a Charity type: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc
- Click “Select”
- Click the check box next to the statement “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc.”
- Click “Start Shopping”
- You will see “Supporting: Oldham County High School Band Boosters Inc” below the search bar in Amazon each time you log in.
- Set smile.amazon.com as your favorite
- Simply open another browser, go to smile.amazon.com and everything in your cart is there, and you can complete your purchase.
- Important Note – Using the Amazon app on your handheld device DOES NOT use Smile. Simply add the items to your cart in the amazon app, then using your handheld browser, log into smile.amazon.com to complete the purchase.
Marching Band Rehearsals
Starting August 24th: Now that we know we’ll be opening schools on NTI, we will continue our evening summer rehearsal schedule in the same groupings we used for those gatherings, and at the same time of evening (6:00 start) to facilitate parent transportation after work hours. The only difference is that we will finish each rehearsal at 7:30 p.m., rather than going to 8:30.
- All Brass will rehearse on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:30
- All Woodwinds/Percussion will rehearse on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30
We will continue this rehearsal schedule until we are allowed to return to the building for A/B in-person instruction. At that time, we will adjust to conform with the groups of students in the building and by class period. Exactly how that will look is still unknown, as rosters for the A/B schedule have not been issued yet. Details for how rehearsals will take place can be found on the OCHS Band website or on Google Classroom . Rehearsals will be 6:00 – 8:30 pm and are held at OCHS. Attendance is expected at band rehearsal. If you’re unable to attend for any reason, please notify Mr. Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Rehearsals Students will need to bring:
- Face Mask, to be properly worn at all times on campus.
- Each Student will need to bring their own wire music stand with their name on the stand. If you do not have a stand, you can obtain a stand/carry bag from the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Flip Folio, These can also be purchased through the band program at the first rehearsal for $8.00.
- Water bottle, Clearly identified with your name.
- Pocket Hand Sanitizer
- Please wear Athletic Shoes, Flips flops and Sandals are highly discouraged. Being on your feet on HOT concrete, you’ll want safe, and supportive shoes.
- Hat, Sunglasses and Sunscreen.
Spirit Wear/Show Shirts
A few parents have asked about additional shirts for themselves or other family members. We have worked with the shirt vendor to set up an online store where you can make these orders. If your student is in the 2020/2021 OCHS Band—ONE short sleeved shirt for your student is INCLUDED in Band Fees for the year. Please note that you would only order for them if you want extras or additional products.
A portion of the proceeds for these sales will be donated back to the band.
Here is the link to OCHS Band Spirit Wear. There are lots of sizes and styles. They do have extended sizes.
An OCHS Band Directory will be compiled and published among the band members this fall. Participation in the directory is completely voluntary. If you wish to be included in the directory, please click here to complete the online form.
Band Booster Leadership
Board Members for 2020-2021
President – Chad Adams
Vice President – Brandon Gossett
Secretary – Sandy Walker
Treasurer – Lisa Zahradnicek
Senior Member-at-Large: Sonja Neely
Junior Member-at-Large: Katie Fuller
Sophomore Member-at-Large: Stephanie Skeens
Freshman Members-at-Large: Natalie Dorris and Kristin Goodloe