The main athletic band of the OCHS band program. This performance ensemble is made up of wind players enrolled in both Symphonic Band classes, with the addition of musicians enrolled in Percussion Techniques class.
- Preparation and performance of marching band music/drill
- Preparation and performance of symphonic band literature
- Attendance at all after-school rehearsals (marching and concert)
- Use of individual evaluation/interactive accompaniment software (SmartMusic)
- Preparation and performance of a variety of ensemble literature
- Development and evaluation of individual technique and skills on your instrument
- Performance at KMEA Solo and Ensemble festival (required of all members)
- Performance of music for individual evaluation (live and on SmartMusic)
- Performance of audition music (November) for concert band seating
- Other performances scheduled throughout the year
MARCHING BAND is required of all participants. Summer band camp is required for all members. This is a non-competitive group with after school rehearsals limited to one afternoon per week. The marching band will perform at all home football games and selected community events throughout the fall semester.